Thursday, June 28, 2012

Hot! Robin Roberts On Myelodysplastic Syndrome Diagnosis

As most of people know, . I've always already been a fighter, with your whole praying in addition to support, some sort of winner.

Sometimes your cure with regard to cancer causes some other considerable professional medical problems. Today, I desire to make it possible for a person are aware that I've been recently recognized together with MDS or myelodysplastic syndrome. It's an illness from the blood as well as bone marrow and also was one time often known as preleukemia.

My health professionals convey to me personally I'm heading to help overcom this specific and I realize it is true.

If you Google MDS, you will come across some scary stuff, which includes statistics in which my personal doctors believe will not apply at me. They express I'm more radiant and also designer than the majority whom are up against this particular illness all of which possibly be cured.

Today, I will become what on earth is called pre-treatment - chemotherapy ahead of an bone fragments marrow transplant after the following year. Bone marrow donors tend to be tight along with specifically to get African-American women. I am extremely lucky to have a sibling who is usually an outstanding match, all this tremendously improves my personal probabilities for the cure. As you understand from this latest meet with along with Mark Zuckerberg, organ donation is definitely really important. Many individuals you should not recognise they are often bone marrow donors. I support everyone to help sign up on a donor registry for instance bethematch.org.

I received my own MDS verdict about the incredibly day that Good Morning America finally beat that Today Show for the newbie inside 16 years. Talk with regards to your highs and lows! Then a month ago, during a instead distressing system that will acquire bone fragments marrow regarding testing, I received phrase that I might job interview President Obama the subsequent day. The mix off attaining the biggest appointment with my own occupation and also developing a exercise in this again reminds my family that will God simply provides individuals what we should might tackle and that it helps to have a very good notiion of humor once we run smack into your absurdity connected with life.

Bottom line: I've also been coping with this examination for awhile but will continue to single point GMA. I love what I perform and also the people with which I do it. Along having my faith, family as well as friends, all of you from ABC News offer me the inspiration as well as vigor to manage this kind of challenge.

Going forward, it's enterprise as standard from GMA, so this means I'll possibly be right here on a daily basis by using George, Sam, Josh in addition to Lara. When I forget daily these or even there, I'm fortuitous which some very as qualified in cooking friends with ABC News will certainly fill-in. When I undertake the transplant later the following year, I'll neglect your chunk with time.

When I experienced busts cancer, a person's prayers plus good would like maintained me, gave me these hope in addition to played out a significant factor in my recovery. In going through this specific fresh challenge, I ask humbly for additional of the prayers plus love seeing that I could keep anyone with this mine and also up-date everyone routinely about my condition.

Love in addition to blessings,

Robin

Click the following in order to leave a meaning connected with assistance for Robin .

No comments:

Post a Comment